Abortion Access Network of Arizona
January 1st, 2013
As we head into a bright new year, we look back at some of our favorite moments of 2012:
- In January, we commemorated 39 years of legal abortion by participating in the online March for Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice. Over 134,000 people put themselves on the map, telling elected officials that a two-tier system of health care is unacceptable and sending the message to "Keep Abortion Safe and Legal -- and Make it Affordable and Accessible!"
- We welcomed three new abortion funds to the Network! In Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina, there now more options for low-income women. And the New Jersey Abortion Access Fund started funding for the first time in 2012!
- We broke all records in our 3rd Annual National Bowl-a-Thon for Abortion Access--and we're looking forward to another record-busting year in 2013!
- In Minnesota, Oregon, and West Virginia, we protected access to abortion for over 275,000 low-income women, fighting attacks on state Medicaid coverage.
- Minnesota's Pro-Choice Resources opens their "gap fund," the first abortion fund in the nation to specifically help women who qualify for state Medicaid funding get their abortions without delay, instead of waiting weeks for the state to process their paperwork.
September 28th, 2012
September 28 is the Global Day of Action for Safe and Legal Abortion. Today, we celebrate the work that our international funds are doing to minimize the dangers of unsafe abortion in countries where abortion is a crime, and the work that grassroots abortion funds do here at home.
March 31st, 2012
UPDATE: Not only did the EMA Fund raise $4,311 for the EMA Fund over the weekend, they raised the same amount for the Abortion Access Network of Arizona!!! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO GAVE!!!
Director of UK's @AbortionSupport quoted in story on Irish abortion http://t.co/e2cC3DLwtH
19 hours 15 min ago
Abortion Funds Daily Digest is out! http://t.co/fl4f6YZRpR ▸ Top stories today via @ReproRights @WholeWomans @oboshealth
20 hours 25 min ago
Touching quote from @AbortionSupport recipient: http://t.co/erj81R0EgY So many people express this desire
1 day 10 hours ago