National Abortion Access Bowl-a-Thon
What do bowling and abortion access have in common? The National Abortion Access Bowl-a-Thon, of course! And each spring, we aim to strike Hyde...nationwide!
For the 5th year in a row, abortion funds from across the country raise money to make reproductive rights a reality for women who can't afford to pay for an abortion—and this year we plan to break the fundraising records!
What is the Bowl-a-Thon?
The Bowl-a-Thon is a nationwide series of local events that allow community members (you!) to captain your own bowling teams, participate in a kickass national event – and raise money to help women and girls pay for abortions they couldn’t otherwise afford.
When is the Bowl-a-Thon?
- Register to bowl with us: There are dozens of events across the country--see if there's a bowl-a-thon (or miniature golf-a-thon) near you!
- Virtual Bowl-a-Thon: If you live in a town without a bowl-a-thon, you can join the Virtual Bowl-a-Thon! And if you're really eager to lace up those rental shoes, you can even take your game from the virtual realm to an actual bowling alley!
- Team Names: From the Misoproselytizers and Ova Achievers to Texas' Puck Ferrys and New Orleans' Preaux Choice, Bowl-a-Thon participants come up with the most brilliant and punny teams! Check out the 2014 roster here.
- Badges: Download badges for your blog, for Facebook, for Twitter. Click here for a variety of sizes and styles!
- Blog roundup: Selection of blog posts from Abortion Access Bowl-a-Thon bloggers and bowlers from past years.
Vote for the Bowl-a-Thon Page of the Week!
Already signed up to bowl? Use the hashtag #bowl14 on twitter and let us know if you've got a great page that we should feature on our website!